Saturday, December 13, 2008

Addicted to crack...berry that is!

Well, the semester is over (almost- 1 more online final) and I realized I haven't blogged in quite awhile. I've been SO BUSY! But I'm pretty sure I pulled out of all my classes with an A. Which is quite an accomplishment since I went into this semester hoping to just pass everything. So now I know all I need to know about Chemistry, it was by far the hardest class for me. But I studied it twice as much as I did all the others and still ended up with an A! Microbiology was actually very interesting and I enjoyed studying it- which made it a lot easier to study as much as I needed to. Nutrition, my online class, is the most annoying. It's all about things that I probably know already and hate to study.. luckily the tests aren't very hard. Nursing ethics, we won't even discuss... (I didn't study at all) But now that this semester is over and I have passed everything for sure I will be starting Nursing School in january. So, only 2 1/2 more years... (why does it sound so long?!) So this week I had to get a tetanus shot, a hepatitis shot (the first of 3) and TB skin test. I generally don't mind needles and have a pretty high pain tolerance but let me tell you about the tetanus shot... IT HURT! I wasn't able to sleep on my left side for like 3 days! But it's all better now. On Tuesday I have to go to CPR certification and then I will be done with my requirements for nursing school.

The kids are doing great. Sawyer has started becoming really imaginative lately. He's always got some sort of baby animal that needs our help and we have to run to its rescue. It's really funny. Sophie is about a week away from walking really well. She has gotten really brave and will take up to about 10 steps or so. I can't believe how grown they're getting!

As far as running goes... I have been SUPER lazy for the past 3 weeks, and haven't run at all. In my defense, It was Thanksgiving week followed by two weeks of sickness (both me and Sawyer) and then finals. But yesterday, for some unGodly reason, I told Erin I would run the 10k course at McClellan with her today. Now, 10k's are long runs for me. I really like 5k's because they're enough to make me tired but I can do them pretty comfortably... 10k's on the other hand are usually pretty tough. Following 3 weeks of sheer laziness I definitely shouldn't have been so ambitious. But, I ran at least 4 miles of it and walked (at a brisk pace) intermittently between the running. So, needless to say, I'm TIRED! And my ankles for some reason are covered in these giant blisters! I've NEVER had a problem with blisters while running. Hopefully I'll be okay to run the rest of this week, because I really need to get back in the swing of things. Now, here are some pics of my ankles because I'm sitting here with my new crackberry and want to play with the camera and the bluetooth connection to my computer... lol
Don't think i'm a pansy because they definitely are much worse than they look in these pictures... this is my left foot...


...and this is my right.They hurt. (but so far not as bad as that darn tetanus shot!)

Well, I guess that's all that I really have to update now. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas (or a Happy Holidays or whatever generic greeting you prefer to receive this time of year) and a Happy New Year!

No comments: