Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back in the Saddle.... again... again.

School starts the day after tomorrow. I still remember what it felt like my very first day of college... 8 years ago. I was so nervous I would be late. I stayed the night with a friend and we had our first class together... well, we were late and both too chicken to walk in so we skipped. That's how I started my college career... skipping class. Luckily I've turned around quite a bit. Of course now I feel like a pro... after 8 years how could I not???

Each year when school starts I begin to get a little antsy and worried about the upcoming semester. I wonder if I will be able to make good grades in the courses, if I will make any new friends, if I will be able to balance home life with school... of course, I always am back to normal a couple of weeks after classes begin but still, each year I go through the ritual. This year is no different... I am worried about my ability to make A's in Microbiology, Chemistry, Nutrition, and Ethics in Nursing... all at the same time. I'm sure I will be just fine but I wonder all the same.

The classes aren't my only concern at this time. I am a little farther behind than I normally am 2 days before classes start. I don't have all of my books, I don't have all of the kids' stuff done for their 'care' situations, and my house is a disaster with weeks worth of laundry continuing to pile up. I'm sure I don't have to be as prepared as I usually strive to be before classes start but it still makes me more comfortable if I am.

With all this being said... I'm super ready for school to start. I feel very cooped up from staying home all the time. I love being home with my kids but I'm not one of the women that is blessed enough to be able to stay home 24/7. I wish I had that kind of patience. So, here's to another great semester... one more down on my way to a viable degree...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl I have taken 3 micropbiology's its one of my FAVORITE subjects sooo if you need some help... I'm all ears!!!