Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sawyer's Big Day...

So, Sawyer had his tonsils taken out last Friday... It was by far the toughest thing I've had to endure with him. We arrived at the hospital at 5:45 am as instructed only to wait until about 7:45 for the doctor to show up... I'm a pretty early riser but sitting at the hospital with a 2 year old that early in the morning is not my idea of a good time.

Blake and I found ourselves becoming more and more creative as the time went by. Cartoons worked for about 20 minutes but then we resorted to latex hand balloons and other fun hospital toys...
Then self-portraits... Notice the really nice hospital employee in the background who is sitting in the middle of all of the patient rooms eating her yummy hospital cafeteria breakfast... meanwhile she is surrounded by children who are told they cannot even have water... NICE.
Around 7:15 they let him drink a shot of "happy juice"... so he relaxed a little bit and they came to get him at 7:45. He was so tough... he didn't even cry. I almost did though...


We waited for about 30 minutes or so and then the doctor came and told us his tonsils and adenoids were huge and that everything went really well. Then they took us back to recovery where we sat and watched him sleep...

and sleep....


He slept for about an hour and then he woke up and hasn't stopped whining since...



He's slowly getting better and I'm sure it'll all be over soon but he is definitely a handful. I was really hoping to be able to put him on pain meds and have him sleep for a week but no such luck... Hydrocodone makes him hyper. So, we're at the end of day 5 now and I think we'll be back to normal soon.




Other big news!?!?!
Sophie got her first tooth today! Yay for Sophie!



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I didn't know you had a blogger! YAY! I haven't posted in mine, ever, but maybe we can start keeping up with each other on here =) I don't like blogging to myspace.

I hope the little guy is recovering quickly ... poor thing.

I miss you! =)