Saturday, August 30, 2008

Maggie Moo Memories

Today we took a trip to the Oxford exchange because I needed some jeans. It turned into quite an adventure! We first went to Target because we also needed some baby food. While perusing the baby aisles, which happens to be my favorite thing to do... something caught my eye. It was a cover for nursing mothers. Not too unusal, but it was made by a company called "Hooter Hiders". Yes, we lost it. No, I didn't buy it. Although, I should have just for laughs.
Blake got a hat and I got a tank top... no jeans. So, we went to TJ Maxx. By this time Sawyer was over shopping so he, Blake and Sophie stayed by the toys playing with some random kid who's parents were no where to be found. In the meantime, I found a pair of jeans and white shirt for family pictures next week. Yay! Now we can go home. But we had an idea... before we leave let's stop at Maggie Moo's! Sophie was sleeping in her carseat so I ran inside and picked everyone's flavors. Blake got a chocolate dipped waffle cone with Berry Cheesecake Lake ice cream... Very good. I got a chocolate dipped waffle cone with Vanilla Cookie Dough Yo Yo... (yeah, the names kill me). Then I thought... hey! I'll get Sawyer the blue kind because he really liked it last time. Except this time we were eating in the car...


Needless to say, he LOVED it... After this picture he resorted to 'drinking' it straight out of the cup... I resigned myself to the fact that I was already going to have to wash the carseat cover and remove the stains from his super-cute GAP outfit (thanks Aunt Deven for the birthday present)... so why not just let him continue to enjoy it.

And enjoy it he did! I'm contemplating sending this picture to Maggie Moo's for publicity because of course, his product placement was perfect... (I guess only the son of a drama queen would have that down pat!)






And the more he ate, the more he turned into a smurf. We began to have a lot of fun taking pictures...

And then we started saying the "picture phrases"
for example, "say cheese", "Macaroni & Cheese", "Blue Ice cream", etc....

This turned into "what does the ___ say?" conversations....







He showed us his wit with the following conversation...

Blake: What does the cow say?
Sawyer: MOO!!!
Blake: What does mommy say?
Sawyer: MOO!!! Hahaha....


So, thanks Sawyer... I appreciate the vote of confidence in all of your mommy's efforts for getting back in shape.






Well, that concludes the funny part of our day... I know, we're pretty boring. And just so you'll know that our kids are from the same Pod... here's a good one of Sophie...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

this post made me laugh out loud at work. =) I miss the little guy SO much!

Kendall & Candace said...

oh my goodness!!! I laughed so hard when I saw Sawyer and that BLUE ice cream!!!

Kristina said...

I just want you to know how happy this entire post made me.
Very.
=)