Thursday, August 21, 2008

Super Duper Craftiness

Sawyer is starting a new daycare next Thursday. His old daycare supplied sheets for his "napcot" so we only had to send him a blanket. This one asks for "napmats" to go on top of the little cots. So, I went online and saw that these "napmats" can get crazy expensive. I didn't really want a super extreme one so I kind of put it off and figured I would buy a cheapo one. Well, I waited too long and now I can't find one anywhere!

So, I decided that instead of wasting my time looking for one I would go to Hobby Lobby and buy the stuff to make one... I'm pretty crafty, and I own a sewing machine so I took on the project and was suprised by how easy it was...
I went to the 30% off rack and picked a fabric that was 'boyish'... well, blue at least. Then I found the softest fleece I could that would match and some ribbon and thread. When I got home I got everything out and started... It wasn't but an hour later and I was done!
It's super cute too! The blanket is attached and it rolls up into a nice little bundle... I'm going to have his name monogrammed on the blanket and then I won't have to add a nametag. So, Yay for me! Check it out...






4 comments:

wonder said...

For Cute! You must tell me how you made it! Not that I have any kids that nap at school anymore, but hey, I like naps......school days get long for me!

Anonymous said...

cute! way to go for getting it done already! I've been wanting to make a blanket or two...we should have a blanket making day. :)

Jessica said...

It is so cute! I wish I could do things like this. =)

Kendall & Candace said...

You did such a great job! I just love it!!!